Here are a few commonly asked questions that we have been receiving regarding the logistics of the GCC:
1. What is the conference registration fee? There is no registration fee!
2. What are the costs for food and lodging during the conference? Our generous sponsors are covering the cost of food and lodging for all conference attendees, so you don’t have to worry about that! If you can get yourself to Boston, MA, we’ll take care of the rest. More info is on our logistics page.
3. When will we hear if our abstract has been accepted? We hope to notify applicants in mid-July, both of their abstract acceptance and presentation type (oral or poster).
4. Do we have to present original research in order to attend? If you are a graduate student, yes. It doesn’t need to be a complete project, but everyone must present some sort of original research. If you are not sure you will have enough results to present, contact us at email@example.com and we can discuss your situation. If you are an undergraduate student, you are certainly welcome to present something, but it is not required.
5. Are travel grants available to international students? We anticipate having some amount of travel funding available for international students, but as it depends on our ongoing fundraising efforts and there are some restrictions on how we can use certain funds, we cannot guarantee anything. But we will do our best to award travel funding to as many students in need as possible!
If you still have unanswered questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to submit your abstracts by 11:59 PM tomorrow, Friday June 7!